Sunday, July 17, 2011

Why I like Netflix over Redbox

I have a confession.  I am horrible about returning Redbox videos to the kiosk.  With as much as I work, and as blonde as I am, my husband and I have been buying more Redbox DVD's than we have cared to over the past six months.  Why?  Why spend the money renting something that is ultimately going to end up costing you more than retail in about 21 days?  So, I stumbled across Netflix and streaming their videos by accident because of a class I am taking for school.  You see, I have to watch the movie "Big" for my Counseling Adolescents class and did not feel like "renting" it from Itunes for 24 hours at $2.99.  I had to come up with a different solution and fast.

This brings me to Netflix.  I used to hate having to mail their DVD's back and wait for another one to arrive.  If I was watching a marathon tv series, I would end up getting frustrated by the lapse between one season to the next or one dvd to the next. It did not matter if I timed things out to have a DVD constantly in rotation.  One would always get lost in the mail, or the weekend would impact my ability to receive it.  So, I signed up for streaming my movies.  Even though I am not much of a "woohooer" can we scream "WOOHOOOOOO"!  For $7.99 a month, I can stream all the documentaries, foreign films, tv shows, etc that I want and I don't have to worry about spending $2 on gas just to drive to a Redbox location to return a darn movie.  Since your average movie now costs about $9 per ticket, I think it does not take a rocket scientist to figure out that this is a good deal.

In the past 18 hours, I have discovered all the National Geographic documentaries on Afghanistan, the war, our troops, mental health, foreign films, and a bunch of tv shows, and my queue is LOADED with all sorts of new stuff. As a Licensed Professional Counseling student, I am always looking for insight into how this war impacts our troops and their families, and now I have discovered a means to do so.

What do you think?  Are you a netflix fan or foe?

1 comment:

connan said...

Hi Betty Rocker I am with you with mailing DVD's back in the mail but I got 3 months free of Blockbuster by mail rentals for being a new DISH Network customer and I get up to 5 in-store exchanges per month and getting a new one sent out was very quick. I have over 100,000 titles to choose from and unlimited movies, games, and TV shows to choose from. Many of the new releases are available 28 days before Netflix and Redbox gets it. A co-worker at DISH told me that the have games for PS3, XBox360, and Nintendo Wii. Check out this link http://bit.ly/kzed79.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
myfreecopyright.com registered & protected