Sunday, March 6, 2011

The Way He Looks at Me

You can tell a lot about a couple by the way they look at each other when they think the other person is not paying attention.  My husband is one such person.  He may not be Soldier of the Year...but he's my soldier of the century and that is all that matters.  When we are laying in bed just chit chatting or holding each other, the way he looks at me is enough to melt butter.  It is with eyes full of grace, compassion, care, love and adoration.  Nevermind that I am a very difficult person to get along with...opinionated, moody, extroverted, and loud.  Nevermind that I am carrying around a few extra pounds. He loves me fully, deeply and completely.

I nag him about a lot of things. Like any couple, we argue but are working on communicating better with each other.  Despite all my flaws, he still romances me.  Yesterday morning I woke him up groaning in pain. I was dead asleep.  Very quietly he grabbed my hand and held on to  it until I was quiet again.  A couple of hours later, he slipped out of the bed, went downstairs, grabbed me a couple of ibuprofen for the pain in my body and a glass of water.  I didn't have to ask. 

A few years ago my only definition of romance swayed in the direction of roses, walks on the beach, and intimate conversation over a candlelight dinner.  Things have changed just a bit.  I still love the flowers, beach and dining by candlelight, but to me the intimacy of life is being able to recognize my husband's love in the midst of my pain. 

Intimacy is more than sex.  It is being passionately devoted to somebody and being fully vulnerable to them.  He is my soulmate and the jewel in my crown.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
myfreecopyright.com registered & protected