Thursday, June 2, 2011

Traveling for Tricare

Military families can appreciate the humor in this little nugget of useless information I am about to share.  I have to get fitted for orthotics to put in my shoes.  Tens years of waitressing and bartending, and years of running have left me with two very arthritic feet and ankles.  Popping ibuprofen like candy, I finally had to go in and get a cortisone injection into my left foot just to reduce the inflammation and swelling. It worked, but it has been strongly suggested that I get my feet cast for orthotics to help me when I am walking around. 

Here is the problem.  I have Tricare Standard...I LOVE LOVE LOVE being able to self refer, but in this case, the only way I can get Tricare to pay for them is to drive up to Fort Gordon and see the orthopoedist up there.  Yeah..you heard me Fort Gordon, which is 2.5 hours away from Savannah where I live. 

Good thing I can request a day off from work if I need to take care of something medicallly.  And the government wants to implement universal healthcare into the picture?  Baby, hobble a mile or several hundred in my shoes and see if government healthcare works efficiently.  Gotta go.  Time to fill up the gas tank and drive to my next appointment!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
myfreecopyright.com registered & protected