Saturday, June 4, 2011

People, foe or facebook friend?

People are fickle on facebook. I have friends from high school, college, and jobs that I keep in touch with and facebook is a great tool to do that. On the flipside of this, I have noticed a group of people that will delete you if you don't hang out with them regularly or talk to them all the time. One person, a well known drama queen around here, actually had the gumption to message me and tell me she was only keeping friends on her page that she actually talked to/hung out with, and that she did not want it to be awkward if we saw each other at church or out in public. My response....Your loss. She LOST it when I told her that. She blasted me for being rude and not paying her enough attention? Huh?

I have friends I am close to and we can go days, weeks, and months without talking. My best friend and I have known each other for 15 years. We can chew each other out and still love each other too. The others I just don't get. Quite frankly, I don't care either. I guess my point is the more I get upset about whether people decide to "keep" me as a friend on facebook, the less time I have to devote to other important things in my life like my marriage and school.

My job takes up 25 hours a week of my time. My school takes up 40 hours. My marriage takes up the rest. My time with God is 24 hours a day. Just because I don't talk to you all the time does not mean I don't care or I am not praying for you.

On the other hand, if somebody chooses to defriend me it is their loss. We all have the gift of choice. I cannot be all things to all people, all of the time. I just don't have the energy now. I also have the choice not to accept a friends request from somebody who has hurt me in the past. I can forgive them for being so rude, but it doesn't mean I have to put up with them or their behaviors.

I guess my point in all of this is that I have been challenged to look past a person's fickle behavior and love them despite the fact they are being hurtful. I have also come to realize that when you bend over backwards to help friends in need, that often the most critically wounded people can be the most devastating in their volley of attacks. Hurt people, hurt people.

Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.7

2 comments:

ज्योतिष सेवा सदन { पंडित कन्हैयालाल झा शास्त्री "}{मेरठ } said...

This line is hard to understand but its so damn true,

"Once you lose someone,

It's never exactiy the same person who comes back,"

[Have a nice day,ram-am,Namskaar]

By-"jha shastri"Meerut-[Bharat]

cont-09897701636.09358885616

Conni said...

Amen, sister!! I don't have any friends that I talk to everyday. I have some that I see/talk to on a weekly basis but only a few. That doesn't mean I don't love my friends! Some of my facebook friends don't interact with me at all but I still can see what they are up to through status posts and pictures. That's kind of the point of FB isn't it? To let you keep up with lots of people without having to call them all for updates? Thanks for posting..at least I'm not the only one..

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
myfreecopyright.com registered & protected