Sunday, December 21, 2008

Princess in the Park

Her little face reflected innocence, yet her eyes conveyed a sadness not typically expressed by a six year old little girl.

Struggling to carry the large container of rice from my beloved's truck, I noticed her immediately. She was at the front of the line waiting with her mother and siblings for us to begin serving lunch. I had never seen her there before and my heart silently wept for her. I wanted to give her a hug and tell her everything was going to be ok.

Filling up empty bellies, the hot food warmed up 75 shivering bodies, reminding me of what it means to love and be loved. After all, it could be any one of us standing in that line.

A few minutes after everyone had been served, I walked past the little girl and her family and noticed she didn't have a hat protecting her head from the elements. As the temperature continued to drop, I wanted to do something for her but didn't know what to do and I didn't want to be intrusive. It was at that moment God spoke to me clearly and I knew what I needed to do to extend His love. Like a little flag her tiny pink scarf beckoned to me and I knew exactly what would compliment her little outfit. Whipping off my pink Santa hat, I placed it on her head and told her it went better with her outfit than mine.

The little girl looked up at me silently, while her mother thanked me for the gift. I said "no problem", but I was the one who was blessed. After all, every beautiful little princess deserves to be crowned and I was the one who had been captivated.


Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
myfreecopyright.com registered & protected