Monday, December 3, 2012

Operation World and Uganda.

The call to pray is a serious one if a believer recognizes the impact their words and hearts cry has on the Father. Today is day two of two in Operation World's call to pray for the nation of Uganda. It has special meaning for me, because my husband and I sponsor a little girl in Uganda named Silivia and we think about her constantly. I pray for her health, safety, community, family, education, and innocence, since many within her nation have become victims of the Lord's Resistance Army, a guerrilla terrorist organization which preys on children and turns them into child soldiers.

She is safe, but my heart breaks for those in her country who have been traumatized by war. It drives me to my knees to pray and my heart has turned towards Uganda.

http://www.thevintagepearl.com/products/aheartforAfrica_p116

If you haven't done so or thought about it, there are millions of children around the world who would love to be sponsored and have their most basic needs met. Wonderful organizations like World Vision and Compassion International out there have children, like Silivia, for you to sponsor on a monthly basis.  As they grow, you grow as a sponsor, and personally, it has changed the way I view responsibility and giving back to the world around me. When we get her letters in the mail, we proudly hang them up on our refrigerator like any parent or family member would do for special children in their life.  Take a moment to not only pray for the individual nations of the world, but also to think about ways you can give of your time and resources to transform entire communities and nations around the world.

2 comments:

Betty Rocker said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Janet Benlien Reeves said...

Thank you for this reminder to pray. There are so many needs to remember! I'm thankful for specific posts. I'll be praying for Uganda today. Blessings to you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
myfreecopyright.com registered & protected