Football season cannot happen soon enough. I am so ready for it that I even changed my ringtone on my cellphone to Rocky Top and will probably annoy all the Georgia Bulldawg fans around me. You see I live in the heart of Dawg's territory and wear my orange proudly. I am such a diehard fan, that my entire kitchen is being outfitted in Kitchenaid Orange appliances.
In honor of the upcoming football season, I decided to create my own twist on another chocolate chip cookie. This one I affectionately have dubbed "Vol Ball Caramel Orangesicle Cookies". It has a hint of orange flavor to tease your tongue, are pillowy soft, will rock your world with white chocolate chips, and send you over the edge when you bite into it's caramel center. Oh yes beloved reader, this one is a keeper for sure!
Here is the recipe:
Dry Ingredients: (Sift these ingredients together)
2 1/2 c flour
1 tsp baking soda
For the sugar base:
1 1/2 sticks of butter melted 1 1/2 c packed light brown sugar
1/2 cup sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1.5 tsp orange extract 2 eggs
1 package of vanilla instant pudding (don't question me, just buy it!)
1 c white chocolate chips
zest of two oranges or one large navel orange
1 c caramel bits
1) Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
2) Beat the butter, sugars, vanilla, and orange extract until creamy.
3) Add in the eggs and mix until smooth.
4) Mix in the pudding.
5) Incorporate dry ingredients into mixture.
6) Using a microplane grater, zest two oranges and add to mix.
7) Next, gently mix in the blessed white chocolate chips and caramel bits.
|This is what the mix should look like|
8) Take a big chunk of dough roll it into a ball.
11) Bake for a minimum of 17 minutes.
12) When you pull them out of the oven....RESIST and let them rest.
|Fresh out of the oven|
check out that gooey caramel center!
Everything is perfect with a tall glass of ice cold milk!