Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Eye Witness from the window of my plane 9-11

Back when I was an undergraduate student in college, I had a dear friend who used to work with me at a restaurant across the street from our campus.  Since neither one of us had a vehicle and so that I would not have to walk alone, he used to walk back with me sometimes after our shift ended.  There were many a time his words of encouragement kept me motivated in my faith, and his unwavering commitment to pray every morning before dawn, was a model for all who knew him to pattern their our own lives after.



Here is his story in his own words of his experience on 9-11 from the air:


Sep 11, 2001 a day to remember! On that day, I was dropped off by my brother at Newark International airport around 7 am in the morning. I checked my baggage and headed towards the Continental airlines gate to board a flight bound for Los Angeles. As usual I got a cup of coffee from Starbucks and then boarded my flight at 8am in the morning on a rather busy morning at Newark. We were on the runway for at least 45 minutes due to Air Traffic congestion at Newark. As we were taxing towards take off I had a clear view of the twin towers of the World trade centre; but to my surprise the North tower was on fire.

The captain came on the intercom and apologised for the delay and we took off at around 8.55 am in the morning westbound enroute to Los Angeles. From the window of my flight I was able to see the North Tower on fire had no clue what was happening at that time.
About one hour into our flight that morning the Pilot came on the intercom announcing that we had to make a emerency landing in Louisville Kentucky. The lady seated next to me a Television reporter seemed very tensed, the passengers on board too seemed extremely anxious. After landing in Lousville, I disembarked our flight and headed towards the baggage carousal not knowing what to do. The entire place was chaotic, people running all over the place many trying to get a rental car to drive back home. The televsions screens showed a minature rapture taking place as we saw planes crashing all over the United states, buildings on fire etc. As I was waiting for my baggage to arrive a guest relations officer from the Residence Inn Marriot came to my rescue and offered me a Crisis rate at the Hotel. I managed to take at least ten other passeners on my flight to the Hotel. At the Hotel we heard the news of what happened that day in New York, Washington D C , and shanksville Pennsylvania.

I then realised that I had a ticket on United flight 93 one of the flights the terrorist hijacked that day which crashed in shanksville Pennsylavania. About three weeks prior to Sep 11, I took the flight 93 ticket and rerouted it for another flight to Oregon payin a 100 dollar change fee. Today on the 10th Anniversary I am writing this article to remember and pray for all those who are grieving for theirs loved ones whom they lost on this tragic day. May the Lord fill their lives with his Presence and Peace on this day. 

Thanking you ~ Pradeep and Jeevani

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, that's quite a powerful reenactment from your friend Laura. Having a brush with death always seems to bring out the clarity of ones convictions and humility. What I take from this is that life is too fragile not to live each day with purpose and selflessness. Sure, not every day is shared helping others but if we all just tried to place ourselves into those perilous airline seats, destined for disaster, we might then come to make significant change in our lives. Thank you for sharing this! There's a few goodwill gestures that I've been delaying. -Blessed

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
myfreecopyright.com registered & protected